- MAKE YOUR LIST EARLY!!!!! That will help you in a couple ways. First you can buy things gradually so you are not shopping all at once. And second you can watch the prices and buy when there are specials or when you have a coupon
- Which brings me to my second tip...USE COUPONS!!!! There are a billion websites out there with both printable and on-line coupons!!! Use them people!!!!
- One GREAT thing that I discovered while pregnant is Wal-Mart's ship to store feature. It combines the convenience of shopping online and ALWAYS having free shipping!!!! You order online and choose the Wal-Mart closest to you for pick up. They let you know when it arrives and voila!!!! LOVE IT!!!! IT especially comes in handy with those large items that use to cost $50 plus to ship!!!
- Use something that has come back in style....LAY-A-WAY!!!! Some of you may cringe at the idea of lay-a-way (and I have not yet tried it myself) but it really makes sense in these tough times. You can choose what you want and pay on it over time. Almost all the stores have started offering this option.
- If your child is under 2 more than likely he/she will not know what the heck is going on and is going to more interested in the paper than the gifts...so no need to go all out. A couple toys and some clothes will work. Besides you know the Grandparents are going to want to know what to get them...push the toy gifts off on them. That way you only need to get 1 toy and the clothes you know they need!!!
- Pay cash for everything!!!! Try your best not to use credit...unless you have an interest free card and are VERY disciplined with paying it off!!! Otherwise you are just making the situation worse for yourself!!!!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tis the season...Already!!!!
Most of the country is feeling a little pinch on their pocket book this Christmas season...shoot and last Christmas season too for that matter!!!! So I have compiled some shopping tips for this holiday season!!!!