Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Birthday Bash and Doctor Appt.


Man oh Man...I am still recovering from the hectic week I had last week leading up to the 1st birthday party that will go down in history!!!!! Aiden had so much fun and so did all of the attendees. The food was fabulous (thanks to my Daddy manning the grill), the cake was scrumptious (even though it went so fast that neither Paul nor myself got a piece) and the WEATHER WAS GREAT!!!! I was SOOO scared that it was going to rain, but God blessed us with beautiful weather!!!! You can see pictures of the party by clicking here.

My family...well some of my family...lol...

The yummy cake that was gone in 10 minutes!!!!

Aiden got lots of cool gifts and I even got one!!!!! I got my MacLaren Triumph stroller!!!!! YAY!!!!!! My mom and her friends are the GREATEST!!! I had to chuckle to myself because I was way to excited about getting a stroller...who would of thought that something like getting a stroller could make me giddy...lol. THAT is how I know that I am a Mommy to the core.

My Mom (holding Aiden), myself, Esther and Roberta with my cool new toy

I was SOOOO excited to have all 3 of my sisters at the party!!!! We have not all been together in about 4 or 5 years (which is pitiful I know), but when we do get together we have a ball!!! Actually all of my Dad's children (minus my older brother who was there in spirit) were at the party and we got PLENTY of pictures documenting this momentous occasion.

(l to r) Lea, Me, Alexis and Justina (holding Aiden)

Monday we took Aiden to the doctor for his 12 month check up. I thought that they were going to tell me that my baby weighed close to 30lbs...but he only weighs 24lbs 2oz (which puts him around the 80th percentile). His height was what did not surprise me...he is 31 inches long!!!! He is off the chart with his height, but he has been that way since he was 6 months old. I just know I am going to have to get some food sponsors for when he gets older...lol.

Aiden also received 2 shots...the last of his Prevnar Vaccination and the first of his HIB series. Paul and I decided while I was pregnant that we would be altering his immunization schedule. It was a personal decision and I think that every parent will do what they feel is best for their children. Aiden to date has only had the Prevnar shot because we didn't want him to get any vaccinations until he was 6 months and we also decided that he would get no live viruses and one vaccination at a time. I will be following up this post with a post on vaccinations. It is all about awareness and making an educated decision.

Well, enjoy the pictures. Leave comments, tell your friends to check out my blog, and email me at allthingbaby@gmail.com with any topics that you would like to see covered here.

No comments:

Post a Comment