Thursday, September 3, 2009

GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!!!

Before I had Aiden I was an AVID reader. I mean I can finish a book in 12 hours...speed reading is something I developed as a child and it has come in pretty darn handy over the years. But now that Aiden is here I have fallen off my reading (and my knitting but that is another post). It is something that I LOVE to do and want to get back to reading a book a week.

There is a lot of buzz about these wireless reading devices...AND I WANT ONE!!!! This is at the TOP of my Christmas wish list...but if I got it before then I would be SUPER excited!!!! Various companies have released a version of it, but the one I am interested is the Kindle by Amazon!!!!! It is so cool . How cool would it be to know that there is a new release coming out that will be about $30 bucks, but you could just pre order it to download to your Kindle at midnight and it would be only $9.99?????!!!!! Are you getting as excited as I am yet?????







Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines

Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback

Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle, anytime, anywhere; no monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hot spots

Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required Paper-like

Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for clear text and even crisper images

Long Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging

Carry Your Library: Holds over 1,500 books

Read-to-Me: With the new text-to-speech feature, Kindle can read every newspaper, magazine, blog, and book out loud to you, unless the book's rights holder made the feature unavailable

Free Book Samples: Download and read first chapters for free before you decide to buy.Large

Selection: Over 300,000 books plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs available

Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise


What is there left to say????? It is $299 and has a 6in diagonal display. There is no glare if you are in the sun, no monthly nternet fee, AND you can adjust the text size!!!! (There is also one with a 9.7in display that runs close to $500...but why pay more???) How cool is this thing? I am telling everyone that I can think of...dropping hints early since it is a recession. lol...if you want to donate to my Kindle fund send me an email!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment