Monday, May 24, 2010

A Star is Born!!!!

He is here!!!! FINALLY!!!! On Tuesday May 18th I went into the hospital for a 10am scheduled c-section and Noah Oliver Douglass was born at 11:06am!!!! I was anxious and scared as hell to get that spinal block (which did NOT feel good!!). But once I got it and we got to going I just wanted to see the new man in my life!!! And he was SO worth the LONG wait!!! He came out SCREAMING and pissed off that we took him out of his comfort zone!!! I wanted to get off the operating room table and soothe him so bad, but of course I couldn't!

Everything went smoothly, I got to recovery and was ready to see Noah!!! Of course he was up in the nursery meeting Daddy and Granna. My Mom was ending me pictures via text...yes I had my phone in recovery...lol. By the time I got to the room it was almost 2pm!!!! But I was happy on I got there. Noah was beautiful he has this head full of black hair and the juiciest cheeks and lips!!! I was in love from first sight!!!

I can honestly say that I was concerned while I was pregnant. Concerned that I would not love Noah as much as I love Aiden. Aiden is my first born and I could not imagine loving two people as much as I love Aiden. Someone told me that as soon as I saw Noah that concern would go away and they were SO right.

We were in the hospital until Friday afternoon and Saturday we had lots of visitors. I over did it that day because I was HURTING for a coupe days after wards. I should NOT have been going up and down those stairs like I was, but people kept showing up...lol. Learned my lesion.

Recovery has actually been a little better this time around. Maybe it is because I knew what to expect and knew what I should and should not do. So I have been keeping my butt in bed...well as much as I can take. My responsibility is Noah. Paul takes care of me and Aiden...and he has been doing pretty durn well!!! Hopefully I will get to escape out of the house soon just to do something simple like get a pedicure!!!

So below are some pictures from when we were in the hospital. Aiden stayed with Auntie Lauren and Uncle Travis the first 2 days and stayed with Granna the second 2 nights. He was in hog heaven and was not worried about coming home on Friday night. But he LOVES his little brother!!!! He wakes up asking about "baby" and kisses him first before he goes to bed at night!!! It is a beautiful thing...especially since I know it will be short lived once Noah gets a little older.

I will be doing a post this weekend comparing my experience at Northside to my experience at Crawford Long...and they were TOTALLY different. Enjoy the pictures!!!!
At the hospital bright and early...7:45am to be exact!!!
Waiting patiently for Dr. Davis-Williams to be ready for me...
Paul is dressed and ready to go!!!
My last belly shot...39 weeks 5 days!!!!
A Star is Born!!!
Isn't this cool!!! Didn't get one of these at Northside!!!!
Noah looks like he is in a burrito for real...lol
Love at first sight!!!
Hi Granna!!!!
Hi Daddy!!!
Me in recovery waiting to be able to bend my knees before they will let me go to my baby!!!
GrandPaul...the first one to get to hold Noah. (He was the first to hold Aiden too)
Proud Parents
Aiden meeting his brother for the first time...he was in awe...
Happy family...Aiden saying "feet" and pointing to Noah's feet. How cute!!!
Daddy Diaper Duty!!!!!
Aiden taking his little brother for a stroll around the room...
Noah Oliver Douglass
Oreo mouth Big Brother...Aiden Joseph Douglass
Aiden helping Daddy feed Noah his bottle...
Proud GodParents

1 comment:

  1. Aja...I just loved reflecting back on this day. I remember sitting in a Women's conference at IBM and making the dash. Of course I came back with chocolate 'Baby Boy' cigars for the other ladies...Noah was so cute!!! Look at him now...lovable...rambunctious...curious; and Aiden is such a patient big brother...continue to nurture them both....they are so blessed to have so much love...parents..god parents..grand parents....great grand mommies...aunties...uncles...make believe aunties and uncles :-) Much love to all of you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete