Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sleep deprivation

Aiden is a little older than 8 months old, and guess what....he does NOT yet sleep through the night. Sometimes I wonder if it is my fault. I had a c-section so it was MUCH easier for him to sleep with me so I could take care of him in the middle of the night than it was for me to put him in a bassinet. After recovering it was a comfort and convenience thing. AND he still eats twice a night...and I mean wakes fully up to eat. Don't get me wrong...I love him sleeping with me at night...but is it the best thing for him, or for me?

For the past 8 months I have not slept more than 4 consecutive hours but on a few occasions. Before having a baby I never took naps nor did I drink coffee...and now I do BOTH. I look forward to my Mommy time and am disappointed when I don't get it...does that make me a bad Mommy? AND my baby is a morning person...and Mommy has never been a morning person...hence the coffee (preferably chocolate coffee...thanks to Natalia)

The Doctor says for us to just let him cry it out...aka ferberize him. I don't mind him crying it out but there is no way that I will let him do it ALL night as she suggested. What is really bad is that I am the only one that he will not lay in the crib for...if he sees me he wont get in it. But Granna (my mother), Auntie Lauren and Paul can get him to lay in the crib!!!! Ugh!!!!

I need for him to sleep in his crib so he can possibly sleep through the night. I just don't know how to get him to do that. Maybe I should by Jo Frost's book and follow her instructions. I just don't know, but I do know that I can not go on walking around in a fog because I am not getting enough sleep!!!!

I am sending out a Mommy SOS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment